Customer Success Internship
Start-dates & Duration
Autumn 2017 and/or January 2018, for a duration of 3-6 months or longer. Part-time or full-time, for current first or final year students or an Erasmus exchange.
At Jump.Work our mission is to empower businesses to make the best hires for their team and help professionals find a role in which they can excel. Founded in early 2016 and focused on disrupting the recruitment agency market, we are rapidly growing.
That’s why we are seeking an energetic, super-organised, self-starter for our Customer success internship. You'll be working directly with our CEO & COO to shape our customer success & brand for professionals. This role is focused on helping our users succeed, from fixing technical issues to understanding what features are missing & gathering new product and branding ideas.This is a 3-6 month internship, perfect for your first year or final year internship or for an Erasmus exchange.
Working in a fast-growing startup in Amsterdam is awesome. But are you cut out for it? Before you continue reading (and apply for this position), please read this to get a taste of “real” start-up life: https://medium.com/swlh/dont-w…
At Jump.Work we have a mission, and we work hard to make it happen. This means it's not a 9-to-6 job, and it won't be always easy. Building new business initiatives from scratch, and constantly striving to improve them, there will be lots of ambiguity, a ton of stuff you have to teach yourself. If you're looking for a lifestyle job then this is not right for you.
If you're ambitious, up for a real challenge, like working with fantastic ambitious people, develop and stretch yourself to the limit, read on! This internship will push you outside your comfort zone, allow you to create your own opportunities, and develop yourself professionally. This is a great role for you if you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty, do mundane work as much as exciting new things to make things happen.
You’ll be helping us solve question such as.. What do our professionals really want? What do they think of us? How can we best help them in their job hunt? How can we make our users more happy? With what material and helpdesk information can we best support them?
In this internship, you will be the face of Jump.Work and deliver a fantastic experience to every professional and business that gets in touch with us. You are not simply the face of our company. You will have to understand the reasons for satisfaction / dissatisfaction, channeling these messages to the product team. Your insights will change the company direction. It is a challenging role with some nice tasks. This includes:
- Acting as the first point of contact for new and existing professionals via our helpdesk
- Effectively managing customer support across all our channels, including social media, email and Intercom
- Answering the phone and emails in a pleasant way to ensure effective communication with businesses and professionals, redirecting calls as appropriate
- Learning to explore what issues and feedback users of the Jump.Work platform have, so that you can suggest new product improvements and help shape the future of our product
- Troubleshoot technical issues for our users
- Setting up and managing helpdesk systems, including email templates, FAQs, Intercom automation and email newsletters
In this role, you will also support the recruitment & operations team on ad hoc recruitment tasks, including:
- Sourcing and screening new applications to the jobs on the platform
- Support the marketing team in social media activity and outreach
- Support in the recruitment process on ad hoc tasks, such as data cleaning
We offer a unique opportunity to truly develop your entrepreneurial skills and learn how to build a company from scratch.
Everyone on the team is super friendly and believes our team is at the core of our success - You must believe in this too. You like to ‘get shit done’ and are not afraid to upwards manage and ask for help where necessary to ensure success. You can come up with next steps and take initiative to start on them without being told exactly how to do it.
We're looking for someone with a great personality and passion for customer success or an interest to learn about it. You also:
- Are a people person and love to meet new people and like speaking to / communicating with people all day long
- Are curious and like to really understand people’s needs based on their feedback, to continuously improve and feedback suggestions to our team
- Love organising things, creating systems and keeping things up to date; with a focus on getting the details right
- Have great communication skills, supported by a good level of verbal and written communication in English & good telephone manners
- A love for startups, a can-do attitude and lots of energy, not with a 9-to-6 mentality
- Great grades in your education (MBO/HBO OR WO first year), and a strong preference for a background in languages, humanities, social sciences or another human- and interaction focused subject
- Experience in customer success or/and recruitment/HR is a plus, but not necessary
You will be available for 3-6 months and you’ll have the opportunity to do it part-time or full-time. It’s also a great opportunity if you are completing an Erasmus exchange, want to improve your English and seeking to gain professional experience at the same time.
What’s in it for you?
In this internship, you will truly be able to push yourself:
- Your job is one big adventure with new challenges every day;
- You will learn & develop tremendously on the job with team support and regular feedback;
- You will work with the most inspiring and friendly colleagues within the industry;
- Freedom and responsibility are at the core of our company culture;
- Vibrant and international office on Prinseneiland with a south-facing canal terrace
- Friday night drinks with beers & prosecco
- Monthly team lunches where we discuss our biggest challenges and come up with innovative solutions
- Many other team events, including experienced speaker nights and demos with beer & pizza, where we share our latest work, success & achievements
- An internship remuneration of €250 - €350 (gross) a month, depending on your experience
Simply apply via our careers website: www.careers.jump.work
Or send your CV and a great motivational note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note applications via our careers website will be reviewed first, so that’s the best way to go!