Who We Are
Shape is a San Francisco based tech start-up that is working on a next generation scale that scans and digitizes your body shape in 3D so that you can visualize where you lose fat and gain muscle. Graduated from the famous technology accelerator Y-Combinator, we are working on a future in which everyone is able to get in a better shape. We are a team of European entrepreneurs with several years of experience of developing and selling technology products.
We are seeking a creative Marketing Intern to support our growing team in San Francisco between January 2018 - July 2018 (the range is flexible and can be discussed).
Do you love staying healthy, fitness and sports? Do you have an unhealthy obsession following fit Instagrammers? Look no further, because as an intern at Shape you will be able to indulge your obsessions only further by engaging with the fitness scene and creating healthy content around our product.
We are a small, busy team, looking for a highly motivated self-starter who is a great team player as well as an effective independent contributor. We’re looking for someone who can share and learn from others, but at the same time is able to work very independently. We are looking for a versatile individual who is able to turn hands to a range of jobs. You’ll find yourself creating creative content, dealing with customers and conducting market research (the list is not exhaustive) There’s never a dull moment at Shape and every day is different!
As part of our team, you will play an active role in growing our community, our marketing strategy and help us engage with our users so that we are building a better product. We will give your entrepreneurial spirit free rein and allow you to take on considerable responsibility and flexibility as you familiarise yourself with our core business. But don't worry, we do not expect you to know everything right away, hence we will actively assist your learning and skill acquisition during your internship.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Content creation on our website and social media;
- Contribute to the marketing strategy to create brand awareness and generate traffic and conversions including but not limited to: press relations, social marketing actions, traffic acquisition recommendations, etc.
- Assist with the creation of promotional tools, including videos, web assets, screenshots, product descriptions and visuals, PR tools and all other needed assets for special marketing initiatives
Marketing Strategy & Analytics
- Analyse effect and result of marketing strategy and prepare reports to the management
- Identify our products' target audience, positioning, values, and selling points
- Brand building: contribute ideas to product names, packaging, and general appearance of the brand.
- Conduct market research, competition benchmarks, polls and consumer studies and deliver relevant analysis according to problematics identified
- Measure and analyse users’ feedback, behaviour, and market’s acceptance
- Support sales by devising sales pitch assets (presentations, products sheets, and more) and related promotional material
- Coordinate community management and customer care activities.
What we expect from you...
- A degree (or at least you should be working on one), doesn't matter which as long as you can prove that you have...
- an interest in social media and marketing,
- and a knowledge and long-standing passion for fitness, health, and technology as a whole
- Creative spirit capable of creating innovative marketing programs that are result oriented
- Strong analytical skills with a meticulous mind
- Ability to show initiative and work on your own when needed
- Excellent grasp and communicator of the English language
- Attention to detail and an eye for good design and aesthetics
- Demonstrable interest in sports, fitness and/or health.
- a creator not a consumer. Previous social media, video, podcasting and/or blogging experience are all strongly encouraged. Show us something cool.
- Good sense of humour
- ... and most importantly the willingness to keep on learning and a love for barbecue and to hang and enjoy life!
What you can expect...
- Monthly compensation of $2,080
- Assistance with your J1 visa application (if required)
- Healthy meals at our office.
- Lodging for the first two weeks as you get settled (if needed)
- Fun and active company activities like surfing, hiking and/or spartan races.
- You’ll be at the heart of Silicon Valley, the heart of technology. A golden opportunity for anyone looking to break into tech.
OK, how do I apply… ?
To make it easy we’ve put together a four-step process for you to apply.
Step 1: Check your Phone
Haven’t installed Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat and/or used any of the three for the past three days? No need to apply. We need you to be up to speed with the latest social media and an active user of such. Sorry.
Step 2: Check when was the last time you have been physically active?
If you even had to think about this for more than a second, you may want to reconsider whether this position is something for you.
Step 3: Check Your CV/resume
If you put your CV in with a bunch of other papers (say, the CVs of other candidates) does it stand out? Does it leap out and say, ”Hey, dudes, I’m really interesting, look at me!”
Step 4: Apply at https://shapescale.workable.com/jobs/565099 with your CV/resume & Cover Letter (yes we’d like to know why you want to work with us!)