Launched in 2016, the Young Transatlantic Innovative Leaders Initiative Fellowship is the flagship program of the Young Transatlantic Innovation Leaders Initiative (YTILI) of the U.S. Department of State and is supported in its implementation by The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF).
Entrepreneurs are a driving force for economic development, job creation, security, and good governance across Europe. YTILI empowers young European and Eurasian entrepreneurs and innovators with the tools, networks, and resources they need to turn ideas into action and grow successful enterprises. Recognizing that European entrepreneurs face unique challenges to starting a business, the YTILI program is also a vehicle for building a transatlantic network of leaders that can more fully contribute to an ongoing policy dialogue to strengthen entrepreneurial ecosystems and opportunities for innovation.
Why you should apply?
- Gain professional experience, skills, and connections valuable to enhancing your business or social venture.
- Network with a dynamic group of experts and mentors in the United States and Europe.
- Expand your professional network and develop relationships with peers and counterparts on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Explore the policy context, financial landscape, and networks of U.S. entrepreneurial ecosystems.
- Join the growing network of dynamic European and Eurasian entrepreneurs committed to enhancing the transatlantic relationship and contributing to the growth of the entrepreneurial ecosystems in their home communities.
Interested? Apply now through the YTILI website!
Program Details: In 2018, the YTILI Fellowship will engage up to 70 young European leaders in a series of professional development and leadership activities to support the growth and development of commercial and social ventures in their home communities. Highlights of the 2018 program include:
- European Opening Summit: In June, fellows will convene for the opening summit in Portugal to plan for the upcoming fellowship year, network with other European entrepreneurs, and hear from industry experts on best practices in diverse business topics.
- Immersive U.S. Experience: In October, fellows will travel to a U.S. emerging economy to work with a team of local mentors on developing their venture, receiving custom business advising.
- Washington, DC Closing Convening: Immediately following the U.S. immersive experience, fellows travel to Washington, DC to meet with government, business, and non-profit leaders, engaging in a transatlantic policy dialogue around issues of entrepreneurism and innovation.
- Professional Development and Networking Resources: Throughout the fellowship year, fellows will have access to a virtual platform for sharing resources, personal experiences, and networking with other European entrepreneurs. Fellows will also participate in professional development webinars and roundtables delivered by experts in diverse business topics.
A detailed overview of the program elements, participation requirements, and expectations is available on the GMF YTILI webpage.
See what past YTILI Fellows have to say:
“Being part of YTILI was motivation to move forward by exploring different markets. On a personal level, YTILI showed me the bigger picture, and business-wise it was a lesson on what innovation truly means.” – Zoran Nasteski (Macedonia) 2017 YTILI Fellow
“YTILI taught me to be courageous, encouraged me to follow my dreams, and in the end, even if I fail, I will simply be a wiser entrepreneur and a more experienced leader.” – Christina Athanasopoulou (Finland), 2017 YTILI Fellow
“It was very inspiring to meet other entrepreneurs and see what they were doing. After coming back from YTILI I made a lot of changes to how my company was run, being able to focus on my startup from a wider angle.” – Paola Belingheri (Italy) 2017 YTILI Fellow
Sounds interesting? Apply now through the YTILI website!