On the 24th of April, we’re going to host this year’s edition of the EU-Startups Summit at the Auditori AXA in Barcelona. We’ll have inspiring speakers like King CEO Riccardo Zacconi, Clue founder Ida Tin, and N26 founder Valentin Stalf, great networking opportunities, a “Investors on Stage” session, but most importantly: An exciting Pitch Competition with 15 startup teams!
Our goal is to showcase some of Europe’s best seed and pre-seed startups out there! In total we expect over 500 applications.
The Prize: The winning startup team of this year’s Pitch Competition receives a prize package worth €61,000 and gets prominently featured on EU-Startups.com. One very special additional prize package item will be announced by the end of this week. In detail, the current state of the prize package includes the following:
- Aruba Cloud: For the period of 24 months you’ll receive €50,000 of Aruba Cloud credits and technical support from one of the cloud computing leaders in Europe, with a Europe-wide network of Data Centers.
- SentiOne Prize: One year of SentiOne’s enterprise solution (value: €9,000). SentiOne is a platform for monitoring and analyzing mentions/articles published on the internet. Sources include websites and social media platforms. With SentiOne, all monitored content (about your brand/market) can be indexed instantly in one shared database.
- 99designs Prize: You’ll receive €1,500 in 99designs credits for the world’s largest on-demand design marketplace. This enables you to hold a design contest to get the absolutely best logo, web or corporate design for your startup.
- EU-Startups Prize: You’ll receive €500 in credits for premium job ads in our job board. This helps you to get some extra visibility, to find great talent and to grow your team.
The Jury: The participating teams will get a lot of valuable feedback from a jury of well known venture capital investors. The jury includes Guillem Sagué (Nauta Capital), Christian Nagel (Earlybird), Sia Houchangnia (seedcamp), and Dominic Wilhelm (e.ventures). In addition, we’ll have many more venture capitalists, business angels and startup accelerators among our attendees.
Apply now: If you’re interested to pitch your startup with a 3-minute-presentation in front of an interested audience of 750 people (investors, startup enthusiasts, media people and an expert jury), please apply here!
- The application deadline is on February 25!
Precondition: Your startup should be in pre-seed or seed stage, not older than 2 years, should have raised no VC funding yet (or less than €500K) and has to be based in Europe.
Tickets: If you’re planning to attend this year’s EU-Startups Summit, we highly recommend you secure your ticket now! Compared to giant/crowded tech conferences, our ticket prices are quite affordable (€85 for startups, €149 for investors, €195 for corporates) and already include food/drinks during the main event. Tickets can be purchased here!
Our Event Sponsors
Catalonia Trade & Investment is the public agency that works to attract foreign investment to Catalonia, promoting the area as attractive, innovative and competitive business location. Check their offerings and the Catalonia Startup Directory.
MHP’s new startup programs are the gateway to collaborative innovation and provide startups of all stages with training, support, and know-how – especially in the fields of mobility, IT, cybersecurity, manufacturing, VC, and startup growth.
The .cloud Registry is the official provider of the .cloud domain extension, which has been adopted by small businesses, rising startups and established enterprises. With over 132,000 registrations in over 175 countries, .cloud is one of the top new TLDs. The extension is operated by a subsidiary of the Italian hosting giant Aruba.it.
Aruba Cloud, one of the cloud computing leaders in Europe, provides startups with the best cloud technology and a three-year program to support them in developing their business. By taking part in We START you UP, selected startups have up to €50,000 of free cloud credit, technical support, an European network of Data Center, and many more exclusive benefits to help them in the market.