DIA has launched, in partnership with corporate innovation specialist L Marks, a new programme for startups that are developing ideas and innovative solutions on the food retail sector. Nexus by DIA is open to work with startups on a number of challenges across their business, from new solutions that can help them make their customers lives easier, surprise and delight them to innovative solutions and technologies that can help DIA to improve the way they do business.
The finalist startups will be working closely with DIA’s senior stakeholder, giving them a real opportunity to validate their products on a real environment and build a meaningful relationship with the DIA Group. The Spanish multinational company specialised in the distribution of food, household and personal care products. With a 40 million DIA customers across Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina and China, the Nexus accelerator programme can offer early-stage businesses a great platform to scale their business.
What’s on offer: During the ten-week programme, selected startups will have the chance to work with DIA’s team in their head offices in Madrid in order to test their solutions in a live store environment, scale their business, free desk space for 10 weeks and receive close mentor support from DIA’s senior stakeholders as well as those from the wider retail sector.
As for entry categories they’ve identified some key areas:
- Personalisation: What tools could create a more personalised experience for DIA customers?
- Optimizing the chain: How can DIA increase efficiencies in their supply chain and stock management processes?
- Listening & Implementing Customer Feedback: DIA wants to be quicker at implementing feedback from their customers
- The future of shopping: What technologies out there are creating the store of the future?
- Wildcard: It aims to discover related innovations but not covered by the above categories. Products and services that are fully developed or have been prototyped will be prioritised, however the category is also open for innovative ideas.
How to apply: Entrepreneurs and startups interested in participating in the challenge can apply online by completing the application form before midnight 27th August 2017.