The Central European Startup Awards aka CESA is the CEE region’s biggest no-pitch, no-conference startups festival, part of the Global Startup Awards network, with the aim to highlight and showcase the biggest innovators in the Central and Eastern European startup ecosystem annually.
From thousands of nominations, narrowed down to 700 unique applicants, winners in 12 categories first got announced in each participating country at the National Finals by our amazing Country Partners in Poland (Starter), Czech Republic (Start it up!), Slovakia (startupers.sk), Austria (Impact Hub Vienna), Slovenia (Initiative Startup Slovenia), Hungary (budapest.ai), Serbia (Startup Grind Belgrade), Croatia (HUB385), Romania (Impact Hub Cluj-Napoca) and Bulgaria (Able Bulgaria), after being judged by the National Jury Boards all across the region.
At the Grand Finale on Thursday (1st December) we are about to announce the regional winners for those 12 categories, selected by our amazing Regional Jury consists of more than 50 globally recognised experts, just like Jeff Burton (Member of the founding team @Electronic Arts), Tanja Kufner (MD at Startupbootcamp Berlin), Mark White (Founding Partner @White Summers Caffee & James) or Hussein Kanji (Partner @Hoxton Ventures), just to mention a few of them.
So why do I believe you should not miss out this event?
- You will have the chance to have some drinks with most of the national winners and their colleagues and friends – the creme of the the CEE startup ecosystems
- Most of our Sponsors and Partners will represent themselves with some of their most interesting people, just like Peter Stracar (CEO in the CEE at GE), Kreso Zmak (Product Owner at Infobip) or Maria Luisa Silva (Director of SAP Startups Focus)
- Our special guest, Steven Koltai will be around to have a good talk with
- Many of the participant of Meet and Match Final Conference will also join us
- And on the top of that: entrance is free of charge, just requires registration at Eventbrite: http://bit.ly/2feS793
Finally, let me suggest you to check out the video of last year’s Grand Finale, which took place in Vienna, Austria, just to give you the feeling what to expect: