In the beginning of this year, we took a look at some major European countries and tried to come up with a list for each country with some of the most promising startups to look out for in 2016. We started with Germany and are now continuing with Italy. A country which has much more to offer than just “La Dolce Vita”. Below you’ll find 5 of Italy’s most innovative startups of the last two years.
1. Antlos: A Venice-based startup offering an online peer to peer marketplace for all inclusive boat holidays with trusted skippers. Antlos enables its users to search by activity or location, request an itinerary from the skipper and pay safely online. The promising startup was founded in 2014 and secured about € 680K in seed funding. The biggest amount (€ 500K) was invested in summer 2015 by Incos Invest.
2. XMetrics: A wearable device and app which was designed to empower your performances in sports. Especially for swimming and other water sports, XMetrics is a useful activity tracker – due to its ergonomic design. XMetrics gives you real-time audio feedback while you are swimming. The device combines biomechanical sensors with advanced algorithms for exceptional precision. XMetrics was founded in 2014. The Bussero-based startup so far secured $ 1 million in venture capital.
3. ChatSim: Founded in 2015, ChatSim creates a revolutionary Sim card which allows its users to chat with all the messaging app – almost for free. ChatSim was designed to let you keep in touch with everyone wherever you are. As soon as you put it in your smartphone, it is ready to let you chat with the world’s leading ChatApps. In total, the Milan-based startup raised about $ 2.6 million in funding.
4. Drexcode: A new kind of a web-boutique that provides a unique fashion experience. Drexcode gives you the opportunity to rent dresses and accessories from the latest collections. By working directly with the designers, Drexcode selects the outfits seen at fashion shows, with particular regards to those suitable for special occasions. The Milan-based company was founded in 2014 and raised roughly € 1.8 million.
5. Unfraud: The Milan-based startup Unfraud detects transaction frauds thanks to the power of artificial intelligence, thus preventing fraudulent activities. Through simple APIs the startup’s technology is able to constantly monitor a user’s activity, with an artificial intelligence based method which helps in real time prevention. Founded in 2014, the promising startup raised seed capital of so far $ 133K.
By the way: If you’re a corporate or investor looking for exciting startups in a specific market for a potential investment or acquisition, check out our Startup Sourcing Service!