Startups love to hire growth hackers these days, not traditional marketers. Growth hacking sounds like one of those crazy Silicon Valley buzz words that you hate. But high growth rates as soon as possible is exactly what startups need. Unlike corporates, startups typically don’t have significant financial resources. This is why growthhacking is a must for young companies seeking growth.
I recently talked to Peter van Sabben who started Growth Tribe Academy together with David Arnoux in the beginning of the year. Peter, former Head of Marketing at Startupbootcamp and ex Red Buller, and David are now bootstrapping the Amsterdam-based growthhacking agency Growth Tribe. We talked about growth hacking:
Peter, what is growth hacking?
It’s a combination of product and data driven marketing. A combination of creative marketing, soft & hard data & product and engineering. The marketing landscape is changing on a daily bases with new distribution channels and new tools. Next to that you have product development and marketing emerging together, because we can get daily feedback from users. Combine this with a overflow of data to analyse what works with experiments. This is growth hacking and the evolution of marketing and it’s inevitable. All companies are going to use this if they want to survive.
What is Growth Tribe Academy?
We educate people the growth hacking mindset, process, skillset and toolset. Our goal is that each team of 3 students will run 10 experiments during their 3 months at their growth project at the startup. If they do a good job with learning and the exercises, then they will generate growth for their startup. But end of the day we are an education network.
What’s the price point behind the Growth Tribe Academy?
Startups pay to get a growth team for 3 months and we have 3 partners supporting talent development in the Netherlands (StartupAmsterdam, the Universities and Facebook).
What other services does Growthtribe offer?
Training growth hackers, growth hacking workshops. We also provide digital transformation for corporates.
- Crystelknows – Communicate with anyone, based on personality
- hotjar – See how visitors are really using your website, collect user feedback and turn more visitors into customers.
- growthhacking canvas – turn ideas in experiments
- rapportive – Rapportive shows you everything about your contacts right inside your inbox.
- follwerwonk – Followerwonk helps you explore and grow your social graph.
- import.io – best web-scraping tool
- tawk.to – free live chat app that lets you monitor and chat with visitors on your website